Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First post.....fun in the kitchen

Yesterday, we had our first rainy day in a long time.(It's been around 100) So, the girls have been outside alot lately. They were pretty grouchy and did not want to be inside, and I was feeling pretty brave, so I decided we were going to "cook" with food from the pantry, using real dishes and utensils. Well, all real food ingredients except for the play dough we made the other day. I just used what I had on hand. Unfortunately, I forgot the washed, and dried eggshells. Too bad...they would have loved that.
                                                              Joanna made doughnuts
                                                                         and cupcakes
  and cookies
                 While Naomi stirred, and sampled all the food options, until she found the good ones :-)



   And by the time they were done, I was very glad I put a sheet down first! Made for an easier clean up. Can you believe they did this for almost 2 hours?!?! Nothing ever has their attention more than 30 minutes!






No comments:

Post a Comment